LAVA R3 Prime Specifications
- Design: Plastic body, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Display: 5.7″ IPS LCD HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13 MP lens with PDAF
- Front Camera: 13 MP with front flash
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0 GHz MediaTek MT6761 (Helio A22)
- GPU: IMG GE8300
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB (internal)
- Battery: 3300 mAh
- OS: StarOS 5.1 on top of Oreo 8.1
LAVA R3 Prime Overview
The LAVA R3 Prime seems to be focusing on the selfie camera aspect of things. This phone features a 13 MP selfie camera up front with a front flash module as well. It also features a software-based bokeh mode for those enhanced portrait images we tend to go after. The company claims that the front camera is fine-tuned for capturing good details in selfies even at night time. Will it live to its promises or not, that remains to be seen.
Other than the selfie camera, the rear camera is also a 13 MP setup with Phase Detection AutoFocus. The inclusion of a single camera only at the back may seem strange to us these days, but this is what the phone packs. It also has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner just below the camera. All these are packed into a plastic body.
Under the hood, the LAVA R3 Prime is powered by a 2.0 GHz Quad-core MT6761 chipset. Also known as the Helio A22, this is a low-end chipset. It also packs about 3 GB of RAM, making it very similar to the Xiaomi Redmi 6A. Besides that, there is a 32 GB of internal storage, and a 3300 mAh battery.